A Very Warm Welcome
Community First Academy Trust (CFAT) consists of like-minded individuals who focus relentlessly on their core purpose: to advance education for public benefit. We believe in a single governance structure that binds schools together in an enduring partnership, with an obligation to work through challenges together rather than to separate at times of difficulty.
Trust Values: Create Furnish Achieve Teamwork 'CFAT'
We believe that each school in a trust is unique; they serve distinct communities, and we believe they should retain their individual identities while striving to become part of a larger network of community schools.
If you share our vision to nurture today’s young people and inspire tomorrow’s leaders, consider joining our community of schools operating under a unified governance and accountability framework. With one single legal and moral purpose - to advance education in the public interest - we invite you to get in touch and become part of our mission.
Our Charitable Trust is a diverse community school trust encompassing a Nursery, a Primary School, a Primary / Secondary phase SCITT, a reputable Institute of Learning with strong Research School links, an Apprenticeship Provider, and is a DfE sponsor.
We also operates a successful facilities management company for its organisations, 'CFAT Facilities Ltd', together with an in-house catering service.
Our schools also benefit from in hours wraparound / holiday childcare through our in-house wraparound company, 'CFAT Superheroes Limited'.
Our mission is to ensure that every child in our community-led school trust develops as a confident and competent person with the highest aspirations to be the best they possibly can be.
We are passionate about ensuring that each school within our charitable trust retains its individuality while also contributing to and benefiting from the collective strength of a larger community school trust to achieve our aims.
In support of these aims we recognise the value of our staff and are committed to the professional and personal development of its workforce, making a significant contribution to a self-improving school system within the communities we serve, led through by our talent development programme, including pathways into leadership, National Professional Qualifications (NPQs), and other Professional Qualifications.
Tel: 01942 487999 Email: email@example.com
Our Prospectus and offer to improve education for young people across the North West of England is also available to download by clicking here
What are School Trusts?
CFAT adopts the seven principles of public life as an articulation of our code of practice. We believe the seven principles below should govern our individual and collective behaviour and the conduct all our meetings and activities.
Our Schools, institutes & Designations
- Platt Bridge Community School
- Kingsbridge EIP SCITT
- Platt Bridge Start Well Family Centre
- Platt Bridge Community Nursery
- Kingsbridge Institute of Learning
- CFAT Facilities Limited
- CFAT Apprenticeships RoATP
Community First Academy Trust values the contribution that a website can make to the school. The purpose of our website is to:
- Promote the trust and its schools and educational services.
- Provide information to prospective parents, teachers and the wider community.
- Act as the main communication channel between teachers, parents, pupils and school management.
- Develop the level of pupil learning.
- Continuously raise standards in teaching and learning.
To review our 2023-24 website compliance click here
Latest Calendar Events
There are currently no events.
- Community First Academy Trust & Kingsbridge Institute of Learning are delighted to announce an Autumn Term Leadership Conference.
- Community First Academy Trust's Mr M Haskayne writes for National Autistic Society on how an AV1 robot supported our autistic pupil's return to mainstream school following #covid19.
- Our annual event brings Governance colleagues together from all sections of the trust. Enabling Professional Networking and Visioning with governance colleagues and trust leaders.
- Community First Academy Trust are writing today, to say a BIG THANK YOU to all our Members, Trustees and Governors for your ongoing support for our school system in your role of Governor and/or Trustee.