What are School Trusts?
Our Schools & institutes
- Platt Bridge Community School
- Kingsbridge EIP SCITT
- Platt Bridge Start Well Family Centre
- Platt Bridge Community Nursery
- Kingsbridge Institute of Learning
- CFAT Facilities Limited
- CFAT Apprenticeships RoATP
- Trust Covid-19 Remote Learning Website
Community First Academy Trust values the contribution that a website can make to the school. The purpose of our website is to:
- Promote the trust and its schools and educational services.
- Provide information to prospective parents, teachers and the wider community.
- Act as the main communication channel between teachers, parents, pupils and school management.
- Develop the level of pupil learning.
- Continuously raise standards in teaching and learning.
To review our 2021-22 website compliance click here
The legal basis of all academies and multi-academy trusts in the country are education charities. We are accustomed to using the word ‘trust’ to describe this legal vehicle. But trust means so much more. As the new shape of our education system emerges, we believe that it is important to give priority to three other meanings of trust.
-What Community First Academy Trust believe the importance of trust
- Trust as a relational principle
Our education system must retain trust as a relational principle. All school trusts should have as a core focus the behaviours and actions everyone will take to build trust – with children and young people, parents and the community and wider society. Trust as a relational principle should also be at the contractual heart of employer-employee relationship. The principle of trust should represent an objective reality in our education system that transcends cultures and organisations. It is at the heart of education as a public good.
- Trust as a core value
Trust is an essential human value that quantifies and defines our interdependence in relationships with others. As a value, trust should help us determine the rightfulness or wrongfulness of our actions.
- Trust as a promise
Holding trust on behalf of children: when we establish an academy or multi-academy trust, we are effectively making a promise to hold trust with and on behalf of children. Kofi Annan said in The State of the World’s Children (2000): “There is no trust more sacred than the one the world holds with children. There is no duty more important than ensuring that their rights are respected, that their welfare is protected, that their lives are free from fear and want and that they grow up in peace.”
Our school trust has a single legal and moral purpose: to advance education in the public benefit.
A Very Warm Welcome
Community First Academy Trust (CFAT) consists of like-minded individuals who focus relentlessly on their core purpose to advance education for public benefit.
Trust Values: Create Furnish Achieve Teamwork 'CFAT'
We believe that school trusts create the conditions for deep collaboration among teachers and leaders to improve the quality of education.
Our charitable school trust has one single legal and moral purpose: to advance education in the public interest.
CFAT is a diverse school trust encompassing a Nursery, a Primary School, a Primary / Secondary phase SCITT, a reputable Institute of Learning with strong Research School links, an Apprenticeship Provider and is a DfE sponsor.
CFAT also operates a successful facilities management company for its organisations 'CFAT Facilities Ltd' together with a in-house catering service. CFAT schools also benefit from subsidised wraparound / holiday childcare through our in-house wraparound company 'CFAT Superheroes Limited'.
There is now stronger evidence that groups of schools and organisations working together under a single governance structure are educationally and financially stronger.
Our mission is to ensure that every child in our school trust develops as a confident and competent person with the highest aspirations to be the best they possibly can be. We are passionate that each school within our charitable trust continues to be unique whilst benefiting from being part of a group of schools.
We hope that you will be inspired to join us on the next stage of our journey to create a group of schools that work together in providing our pupils and communities the very best in educational services.
CFAT are committed to the professional and personal development of its workforce and to making a significant contribution to a self-improving school system within the communities we serve led through by our talent development programme (click here).
Together we will provide a better future with limitless horizons.
We welcome discussions with schools and leaders who are interested in working collaboratively in this exciting stage.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any further questions you may have.
Tel: 01942 487999 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Prospectus and offer to improve education for young people across the North West of England is also available to download by clicking here
Latest Calendar Events
- CFAT Governance - Annual Conference09Jul2022
9:00 am - 1:30 pm @ Wrightington Hotel & Health Club
CFAT Excellence in Education 2030 Strategy including annual data presentations for members, governors and trustees. The event will provide a focus/presentation on 2021-22 data outcomes and analysis of the trust 2022-23 Improvement Priorities. The event will also provide an insight into the trust Excellence in Education 2030 Strategy, developed by leaders to accelerate improvement on key activities across the trust.
- Trust dividend: Community Bingo Evening14Jul2022
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm @ Platt Bridge Community School
We look forward to seeing you all there.
- Kingsbridge Teacher Training together with Forward Together and Westbridge Teaching School Alliance proudly present Professor Daniel Muijs – Deputy Director - Ofsted.
- Venue: Platt Bridge Community School, WN2 5NG Date: Sat 25th November Time: 11am to 2pm FREE activities for all the family - £1 Santa's Grotto #Christmas
- Today (10.10.17) is World Mental Health Day, hosted by the World Federation of Mental Health. #WorldMentalHealthDay
- As we approach the season when flu outbreaks become a greater risk to us all, lots of CFAT staff stepped forward today to have their flu jabs in order to stay well this winter. This year’s program was run by Health First Occupational Health.